Monday, March 15, 2010

Mya's storey


I just love to listen to Mya play teacher with Laken. It is really funny that she can read the early reader books, but when she plays school she just makes stories up from looking at the pictures. Today I decided to document her story while she read it(making it up) to Laken. It went like this:

SAY BOO(really what the book was called)
Say Boo. This book is called, "SAY BOO" Ben was scared of the darkness.
Then she paused a moment and said LAKEN YOU NEED TO LOOK AT ME WHEN I AM READING. BACK TO THE BOOK. Then he looked in the mirror in the dark. Then his mom talked to Ben. Then he went in the woods painful in the dark. The owl said "WHO" Ghosts don't say "WHO". Cows were up, down and under him and then he went down and saw the cow and he said "MOO"
Laken says something, but Mya didn't know what she was meaning so this is what I hear next:
LAKEN, I DON'T WANT THE T.V. ON OR YOU CAN'T DO BALLET. BACK TO THE BOOK. Then he went! LAKEN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, BUT I'M NOT LISTENING. LAKEN COME ON!(she is quite the bossy one today).
Then he saw a bird. Coo he said. Then he met a bat. He didn't know and the ghost said "BOO, BOO, BOO" The ghost explained "BOO, BOO, BOO" said the other ghost and Ben. Then End!~

I also am posting a picture of Mya with a patch on her eye today. we found out that Mya was almost blind in her right eye when she was 3. I had always told the doctors that she was more clumsy then I felt she should be, but they always said there was nothing wrong. Until one day we had to take Laken into the peds when she was sick and in walked the doctor who was drawn to Mya. He asked if he could test her eyes and I of course said yes. It was then that my heart broke in half. Mya looked at the letters and said, "I CAN'T SEE!" as sad as I was, I was also thankful for finally finding the reason she was so clumsy. We were referred to Doctor Cheng in Pittsburgh(who is supposed to be the best there is) It was then that we were told she would have to patch her eye and wear glasses. I thought that the glasses would be a huge problem, but that was the easy part. It was getting her to wear a patch that became the biggest stress on my life! I had a newborn to take care of mostly by myself and had to try to get my 3 year old to wear a patch on her good eye and learn to do things only using her bad eye. I first started out buying really cute patches on the internet that cost a ton of money only to have her cheat and have no change in her vision or crossing of her eyes after 6 months. Dr. Cheng said we needed to switch her onto the adhesive patches(which completely scared the shit out of me thinking the fight she would put up)Actually it was the easiest one of all for us to deal with. Over the Summer we kind of slacked on the patching because of swimming, and then my Dad was in his horrible accident and then I just completely kept forgetting. Now I am trying to get back on track and today we did well with it. I was proud of her. Soon we will need to visit Dr. Cheng again and probably at that point will be discussing her surgery. Something that I am so fearful of. They say the surgery will be simple, but I think when it is your own child surgery is never simple. It scares me to death. So here is my big girl and her patch today.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment